Do and Don’t
There are some travel tips about the beliefs and customs of Myanmar people. That will make you feel more comfortable and enjoy during your stay in Myanmar. There are some important facts and please read carefully.
– “Mingalarba” (means “Hello” in English) and “Kyay Zoo Bel” (means “Thank you” in English) are a traditional Myanmar greeting words in all over the country.
– Myanmar people are friendly, polite and helpful.
– Shake hands with both men and women are acceptable but men should not touch to lady or women even in friendly.
– Avoid shaking hands with the monks.
– Pointing with your feet when you communicate with the other people is rude and unacceptable.
– Please communicate friendly with Myanmar people, they are always willing to help.
– Please take off your shoe before you enter a home.
– Do not touch someone head even in friendly, it is very impolite.
– The important is please taken off your shoe in Pagodas, Temples and Monasteries.
– Please show respect, do not shout, raise your voice and dress neatly, shoulders and knees should be covered in Pagodas, Temples and Monasteries area or place.
– Do tuck away your feet when you sit in front of the Buddha images.
– Please do not touch the monk’s robes.
– Please do not kiss or hug in public area.
– If you want to take a photo to someone else, please ask the permission first.
– Please do not gifts or money to the children who encourages begging. Donation to the Organization or the people who really need your help is acceptable.
– Beware the thief when you walk along the street.
– Be careful to eat the hawker food, please eat in the proper restaurants is recommendable.
– Do not visit the restricted area.
– Don’t take a photo of military camps and soldiers.
– Do not drink the tap water, purified water bottles are available in everywhere.
– Women travelers are very safe in Myanmar.
– Calling with your finger up means calling for a challenge.
– Electricity outranges can be happen sometimes, Please understand this situation.
– Using the drugs is illegal in Myanmar.
– Do not purchase wild life, please buy lovely souvenirs, Lacquer ware, woodcarvings, silverware and etc.
– Please buy gems and jewelry from Government licensed dealers, don’t buy from the other shop.
– Enjoy with prostitute is illegal in Myanmar.